Jeet Samarth Raut
Hey! I’m the Co-founder of Behold.ai. My interests include: linguistics, artificial intelligence, blockchain, educational technology, programming education, gamification, behavioral economics, mobile learning, and entrepreneurship. In my spare time, you can find me at entrepreneurship events and hackathons, as well as playing board games.
EdTech, HealthTech, Blockchain, Lean Methodology, Design/Computational Thinking, Entrepreneurship Education, and Artificial Intelligence
Behold.ai 08/2015 – Present
International House New York 09/2014 – 09/2016
Resident Board of Trustees Member
- I lived at International House New York from 2013 to 2016. In my time there I was actively involved with a variety of activities including: Fall Fiesta, All Nations, International House Tutoring Program, the Continentals, and the Residents’ Council. I sat on the International Houses Board of Trustees where I communicated feedback from the residents of International House directly to the board.
General Assembly 09/2014 – 09/15
Lead, created and developed: Data Analysis Circuit and HTML, CSS & Wed Design Circuit , using an LMS and flipped classroom experiences. Created curriculum/content and worked with subject matter experts/was a subject matter expert on the courses. Created all assessments in the courses as well, as well as novel assessment tools. Helped design and QA our custom LMS features along with our design and engineering teams and raised net promoter score(metric of user satisfaction) of online classes from 8 to 60+. Software used: Captivate, SQL, Tableau, R & HTML/CSS.
Columbia University 09/2013 -09/2014
Research Assistant for the: STEPS & Games Research Labs
- Educational Board game and Card game design
- Implementing Gamification in Education
- Survey design and analysis
Columbia University 09/2013 – 08/2014
Digital Marketing Assistant
- Website design
- Higher Education CRM Management(Hobsons, Slate)
- Google Analytics
- Mixpanel Analytics
Stanford University 09/2011 – 05/2013
Research Assistant for the: Computation and Cognition, Life-Span Development, and Phonetics Labs
Designed/programmed Mechanical Turk experiments with Qualtrics and HTML/CSS/JS and ran subjects using a variety of cognitive measures(eye-tracking, fMRI, speech). Helped with grant writing and meta analysis of scientific papers.
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign 05/2009 – 08/2011
Research Assistant for the Language Production Lab
- Scheduling and running experimental subjects
- Programming cognitive psychology experiments using Psycope
- Editing photos used as experimental stimuli using Photoshop
- Transcribing experimental data
HONORS & AWARDS
IMPACT Leadership 21 – 03/2017
- 2nd place at the Blockchain SDG Hackathon for IMPACT Convergence 2.0, proposing a blockchain powered clean water analytics platform.
United States Department of State – 06/2016 & 11/2017
Honored Guest/Delegate for the United States at the Global Entrepreneurship Summit
- One of the few chosen to represent the United States at the 2016 Global Entrepreneurship Summit at Stanford University and the 2017 Global Entrepreneurship Summit in Hyderabad, India
Techcrunch NY Battlefield- 05/2016
Presenter and Competitor
- Pitched Behold.ai at Techcrunch NY Battlefield
International House New York – 05/2016
- Selected for demonstrating leadership for my time in residence at International House New York.
Columbia University DevFest – 01/2014
Andreessen Horowitz Most Technically Challenging Award
- Team VisiWiki – We created a self-generative 3D explorable version of Wikipedia using three.js, HTML+CSS and Latent Dirichlet Allocation for topic modeling.
Columbia University SIPA Technology for Development Pitch Competition – 10/2013
- Magic Mouth – fostering good dental hygiene through play
2013 – 2014
M.A. , Instructional Technology and Media
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
2007 – 2011
B.S. , Cognitive Psychology